I came across this article by written by Peggy Wang on the BuzzFeed Staff and I must admit…its’ really ‘cool!’ She lists 43 unique and ‘Cool’ remodeling ideas. It’s a great, fun article with quite a few really custom and useful interior and exterior designs. Some are really ‘out of the box’ thinking compared to traditional remodeling options.
Here are a group Peggy’s ideas I felt were standouts:
6. Display your book collection under the stairs or even add a ‘wine cellar style’ wine cabinet under the stairs
11. Make space for two dishwashers instead of one
16. Maximize your space with baseboard drawers
17. Consider building a hidden room
18. Make some of your walls magnetic.
20. Add a multi-directional steam shower
24. Put a ‘bar’ rail on your deck for extra outdoor eating room
31. Add recessed hallway or basement lights along the baseboards
42. Cut out ‘overlooks’ for your second story
Again, just a really fun read. Some of these ideas left me scratching my head because – they really make sense! How could we not be doing these?
Here is a link to Peggy’s complete article on BuzzFeed
If you are considering remodeling your home and would like referrals to excellent contractors or if you would like advice on how your remodeling plans may affect the value of your home, please feel free to call or text me at 412-613-4466. Or email me at email@example.com